Chilton Saint James School and Josée and René de Chambrun Foundation

Chilton Saint James School is a private single-sex girls composite school located in central Lower Hutt, New Zealand. The school was founded in 1918 by Geraldine FitzGerald, and was a combined day and boarding school until the dormitories closed in the late 1970s. Chilton St James has a roll of 395 students from Years 1 to 13 (ages 5 to 18) as of July 2014. The school also has a co-educational preschool for boys and girls from the age of 2.

The school also runs the Chilton Dance Centre, which provides after school dance lessons and training in Classical Ballet, Jazz, Hip Hop, Contemporary, Lyrical, Tap, Musical Theatre Dance and Pilates to students from Preschool to Adults.

Contents 1 Enrolment 2 Notable staff, students and alumnae 2.1 Honour Roll 2.2 Other notable students and alumnae 3 References 4 External links

Enrolment

As a private school, Chilton St James receives little funding from the government and charges parents of students tuition fees to cover costs. As of 2013, the school fees range from NZ$12,732 for Year 1–3 student to $17,080 for Year 9–13 students, inclusive of GST. A 7.5% fee discount applies if a student has one or more siblings also attending the school. Fees for international students are higher.

At the March 2013 Education Review Office (ERO) review, Chilton St James had 420 students, including 4 international students. 63% as New Zealand European (Pākehā), 9% as other European, 16% as Asian (including 5% as Indian), 6% as Māori, 3% as Pacific Islanders, and 4% as other ethnicities.

The school has a socio-economic decile of 10, meaning the school draws its students mainly from areas of little or no socio-economic deprivation. Notable staff, students and alumnae Honour Roll

Chilton Saint James introduced an Honour Roll in 2012, to honour former Chilton Saint James School alumnae or members of the Chilton community who have gone on to make a significant contribution to society at a national or international level in one of five categories.

Former students on the roll include: Judith Hanratty (attended 1950-60) – Former company secretary, BP Molly Haydn (née Macalister; attender 1935-37) – Sculptor, most notably the Maori Warrior on Auckland’s Queen Street (1964) Dr Louise Ryan (née Stewart; attended 1937-47) – for her significant contribution to academic research into osteoporosis Kerrin Vautier (née Christie; attended 1953-62) – consulting research economist, Director, Reserve Bank of New Zealand Chelsea Payne (attended 1985-98) – Rhodes Scholar, Rule of Law Officer in the Executive Office of the Secretary-General, United Nations

Former staff on the roll include: Penny Hunt (née Haworth; staff member 1976-99) – Olympic sprinter Gwen Ryan (principal 1956-61) – for her services to the United Nations Association and New Zealand/China relations Other notable students and alumnae Stefania Owen, actress (Running Wilde, The Carrie Diaries)

Josée and René de Chambrun Foundation and Chilton Saint James School

The Josée and René de Chambrun Foundation (French: Fondation Josée-et-René-de-Chambrun) is a non-profit charitable foundation based in Paris, France.

Recognized by the French government as a nonprofit organization on October 19, 1959, the Foundation was founded by René de Chambrun (1906-2002), a lawyer at the Court of Appeals of Paris and of the New York State Bar Association and a descendant of Lafayette, as well as a Chevalier (knight) of the Légion d'honneur and honorary president of the Sons of the American Revolution in France, and his wife, Josée Laval (1911-1992), the only daughter of Pierre Laval. René de Chambrun's mother Clara Longworth de Chambrun (1873-1954) was the sister of Nicholas Longworth

The original administrators of the Foundation included Maurice Renand, a tax inspector who was the son of Georges–Eugène Renand, chairman of the la Semeuse de Paris, first manager of La Samaritaine, chair of the Cognac-Jay Foundation, director of the administrative services of the Presidency of the Council in 1942, and a close collaborator of Pierre Laval (1943-1944). His son Georges succeeded Rene de Chambrun as head of the foundation. François Cathala, a descendant of Pierre Cathala and close friend of Pierre Laval, was also an early administrator.

The seat of the organization was changed by decree from Courpalay, Seine-et-Marne to au 6 bis, place du Palais Bourbon 75007 in Paris on December 18, 2003.

The main goal of the foundation was the historic preservation of the Château de la Grange-Bléneau, the home of Lafayette from 1802 until his death in 1834, and the conservation of the collections inside it. The castle was purchased in 1935 by Louis de Lasteyrie, a cousin of Lafayette descendant René de Chambrun. The new owners discovered, in an attic, the files of Lafayette. They were classified as historical files in 2003. Visits are limited to researchers and historians.

The foundation also holds the private archives of Pierre Laval and owns the Château de Châteldon, which belonged to the Laval family, along with two medieval houses in the village (maison sergentale and ancienne Pharmacie) as well as 34 percent of crystal manufacturer Baccarat. René de Chambrun was shareholder and president; in 1989, the Foundation sold off a portion to the Taittinger Group, preserving only a minority interest.
108/275 105 106 107 109 110 111 112 s112 resnik